Wednesday 19 May 2010

Labelling

My original title for this blog was 'Unless the Lord Builds'. When I was just embarking upon my homeschooling journey I read somewhere that it was good to ask the Lord for a special 'homeschooling verse'. I did so, and the reply was Psalm 127v1. It's very fitting for me because I naturally want to do and control everything myself, so God doesn't often get a look in. And then I wonder why I burn out, or things seem to melt down around me! I do need a constant reminder that, in bringing up my children and educating them (education is a life, a discipline, an atmosphere!) then I need to make sure that God's the one in control and that I'm doing everything in His strength.

However, I also love Romans 12v11,12, and I want to aim towards the label of 'joyful in hope' in my own life. I'd love to be joyful in all aspects of my life, and to be full of hope for the future and all that God has in store for me and my family. Since this blog is primarily just to inspire and encourage myself then why not have an inspiring title!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...