Friday 3 September 2010

Starting the Outdoor Hour Challenge - Week 1

We've just completed our first week of homeschooling for this new academic year (yippee!). Friday mornings are going to be our nature study mornings, and I'm planning to base them around the Outdoor Hour Challenges found on the Handbook of Nature Study blog.

Today we were supposed to just find a couple of things that interested the children that we could investigate further. Charis (3) said she liked the pretty blue flowers we saw. I think they were chicory - I've looked them up before. Sophie (5) liked all the tiny crab apples we came across on the path.

I forgot to take our camera with us, so there are no photos, unfortunately. I'll try to remember next time!

We did also see a dead dog in the lake, which led to a conversation about how dangerous water is and how important it is to learn how to swim, but I'm not sure that that comes under 'Nature Study' per se!

1 comment:

  1. We have lots of chicory right now too and it is so pretty. I am so glad you are joining us and blogging too! Thanks for sharing your link.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...