Wednesday 9 November 2011

Outdoor Hour Challenge No. 11 - Tree Study

I'm actually writing this entry having come to the end of our year long tree study project. We chose trees as our family focus last year when we started doing these Outdoor Hour Challenge and followed eight trees, two in our garden and six in our town park. I think, however, that I was a bit more interested in doing the study than the girls were, but I'm hoping they'll be interested when I put all the photos together and they can see how the trees have changed in the photos.

Here are some pictures of the apple tree in our garden, which was our particular focus back in this post.


May
June

August
 











November
December
January

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great visual and it would make a great entry in a nature journal! What a drastic change there is from season to season! Great job following your tree for the year...we just keep picking trees to follow each year now and it is fun to get to know each tree n our yard.

    Thanks so much for sharing your link with the OHC. Don't forget to submit it to the carnival:
    http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_9182.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I feel the same way, that I am more interested than my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked those photos of your tree all grouped together in one place. It was interesting to see what trees look like each season. Because sometimes you forget what your tree looks like in summer, when you are in winter, or in what it looks like in winter, when you are in summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...